This month, our recipe inspiration is a family favorite around Maria Goff’s table. Take it from Maria herself: It’s easy to fix, makes the house smell so good, and tastes delicious!
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Sea salt and pepper
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 – 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
6 oz sliced, oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (170ml) drained
12 oz marinated artichoke hearts (170ml), drained
1 tsp each dried thyme, basil, and oregano (or 2 tsp fresh thyme, basil, and oregano)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, or more, depending on taste
Heat oven to 400°F.
1. Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Put chicken in the pan. Shake the pan just a little to prevent sticking.
4. Cook on one side for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip with tongs and brown on the other side for 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove to a plate. Drain excess oil.
6. Add garlic cloves to the pan and cooking, stirring until just starting to brown.
7. Stir in chicken broth, white wine (optional), sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, thyme, oregano, and basil. Continue to cook until liquid is reduced slightly, then add chicken back in.
8. Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 175°F. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and chicken has browned.
Serve over pasta or cauliflower rice. Goes great paired with a salad and French bread.